• Creating smart design and brand solutions for small and large businesses since 2000.
• Thrives in a team-oriented environment of copywriters, developers, creative directors, strategists, and designers
• Adept at taking design solutions from start to finish, art directing photoshoots, as well as attending to print production and prepress needs
• Strong in developing brand identity, understanding brand experience and creating continuity for those brands already established
• Balanced in focusing on the big picture while giving attention to details so as to keep projects on budget and on schedule
• Takes direction and can give direction
• Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to build and maintain strong, effective professional relationships
• Clear communication skills, both written and verbal
• Listens to clients in order to execute work according to their needs
• Additionally has had experience teaching graphic design, typography, branding and advertising at Georgia State University
• Has worked in both internal design departments and design agencies
• Designing purposeful graphic solutions, elegant page layouts and refined typography
• Creating hand drawn and digital illustrations, as well as photo retouching with Adobe CS
• Designing dense information to be digestible, on message and visually interesting
• Applying design skills and knowledge to a diverse range of marketing needs such as web sites, brochures, booklets, magazines, other collateral design, presentations, retail signage and POP
2008 – Present
Freelance Art Director, Graphic Designer, Illustrator
Kim Alford Design
Concept and design of print and web-based projects; Illustration; Corporate communication materials; Logos and identity packages; Oversight of production; Management of client relationships; Client work includes start ups, support for large national agencies and Fortune 500 companies
2015 – 2016
Hodges Ward Elliott
Art Direction, design and production of print-based projects to assist in sales of multi-million dollar hotel and residential properties; Working closely with agents to create an impactful transaction for our clients;
Conceptual solutions for dense material, organizing information with charts, infographics, art directing photographers
shooting the properties and market area.
2004 – 2008
Art Director, Graphic Designer, Illustrator
Current, Inc. and Whimsy Press
Collaboration with Copywriters and Account managers to create ad campaigns, collateral materials, web design, storyboard design and animation; Art direction of photo shoots; Stationery product design; Clients ranged from Fortune 500 to small companies; Extensive work with major retail management company’s brands and ad campaigns.
2001 – 2004
Graphic Designer and Illustrator
Design of print and web-based projects; Illustration; Corporate communication materials; Logos and identity packages; Oversight of production.
1999 – 2001
Graphic Designer and Illustrator
Intern promoted to Graphic Designer
Designed interactive media graphics and animation, art direction of voice-overs, design of advertising campaigns including print collateral materials. Worked in teams to creative online experiences for clients such as Chick-fil-A LPGA Tournament, King and Spaulding Law offices, Premiere Technologies, TrueNorth Fuel and Convenience Retailers.
BFA in Graphic Design, Georgia State University
Press coverage of designs with Whimsy Press — Home and Design , InStyle, People Español, Sky Magazine, Woman’s World
Print Magazine Regional Design Award — Stationery system design for Current, Inc.
AIGA Seed Awards — Stationery system design for Current, Inc.
Show South Awards — Honorable Mention: Animation for Ptek Holdings
Adobe CS: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat;